Why not volunteer at the Pegasus Centre?
The Pegasus Centre depends on volunteers to help us achieve what we do.
We are always interested in hearing from people interested in volunteering and we aim to ensure that your experience as a volunteer is a rewarding one.
Anyone can become a volunteer, subject to background checks, and you do not even have to know anything about horses!
We normally accept volunteers over the age of 14 but can sometimes accept those aged over 12 on our Young Volunteer Development Scheme. If this is of interest, please ask for details.
As a volunteer you could be involved in a wide-range of activities:
- You can train to become an RDA Instructor
- You can assist in lessons – leading ponies or being a side-walker for riders
- You can work on the yard: mucking-out, grooming, cleaning tack, feeding horses, etc
- You can help with organising events
- You can help with fund-raising
- You can provide help for as many or as few hours as you are able to, during the week, on an evening or at weekends.
In return we offer you a worthwhile and rewarding opportunity to work in a safe, fun environment with people of your own age which could enhance your job opportunities.
All volunteers must undertake a criminal background check and we provide training to help you understand what you are doing.
Young Volunteers aged 13-25 can participate in the Young Equine Leaders Award, a national scheme similar to the Duke of Edinburgh Award, whereby their volunteering and acquisition of knowledge can be recognised and rewarded with a nationally recognised award at three levels, Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Volunteers have the opportunity to participate in riding lessons at a subsidised rate.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Pegasus Centre, please complete our Volunteer application form & return it to us.